What is infrared hot yoga?
Infrared radiant heating panels provide sun-like warmth to thousands of professional and home yoga studios.
Infrared Hot Yoga Advantage
The advantage of Infrared radiant heat is that surface temperatures such as a floor temperature can feel 3-8 degrees warmer than the air temperature. This includes people; the direct warmth on people’s bodies can feel soothing and can help boost flexibility.
Because heat is distributed directly, infrared radiant heating panels do not blow air and heat silently, creating a superior hot yoga experience.
The Heating Difference
What makes infrared radiant heating feel so different than traditional forced air systems is the way the heat is distributed. Forced air can make your yoga session stuffy, blow around dust and allergens around the room, and leave you feeling dried out. While a session with infrared heat feels clean and invigorating because it heats the people and objects in the room, not the air. Additionally, the rays from infrared heaters penetrate deep into the surface of the skin to detox the body with sweat, relieve aches, and helps the body melt deeper into poses for an invigorating and productive practice.
Top 5 Health Benefits of Infrared Heat for Yoga
- Infrared heat directly warms muscles, allowing for a greater range of motion.
- Helps yoga students open up, melt deep into poses and gain confidence in their practice.
- Infrared heat directly penetrates tissues, muscles and joints, allowing them to heal and regenerate through a combination of the aforementioned increased circulation, oxygenation and detoxification.
- Infrared radiation is incredibly useful for pain relief for minor injuries and chronic ailments.
- Infrared heat will make you sweat, which is a good thing because it is your body’s natural way of flushing toxins. As your body absorbs infrared heat, water molecules begin to vibrate, which causes them to wring out impurities from the cells.
- These impurities will be released from your body as you sweat, creating a deep, detoxifying cleanse on the cellular level.
- The human body has an impressive temperature regulation system which takes energy (calories) to maintain a consistent temperature.
- Infrared heat also increases metabolism between the blood and tissue, which also burns calories.
At Heating Green
At Heating Green, we’ve supplied hundreds of yoga studios with infrared heating systems. In our Yoga Studio Spotlight with Genevive Boulanger from iShine Yoga, she told us, “Just before opening iShine, I was driving 30 minutes across town to practice under infrared panels at a friends’ studio because I loved the way my body felt after practice.” She now has her own infrared heating system installed at iShine yoga.
If you’d like to find an infrared hot yoga studio near you, use our yoga and wellness map. Or click here to get a quote for your home yoga or commercial yoga space. To learn more about infrared, you can visit our infrared basics page or NASA’s infrared info web page.
14+ years of experience — 1,000+ yoga studio projects installed
Heating Green will make sure you get what you need for your project. Our consulting team are called experts for a reason.