There is a lot of information about the newest coronavirus, covid-19, and what we should do as a society to protect ourselves against getting sick. We went straight to the WHO (World Health Organization) to learn the facts about this new virus. Also visit the CDC website for the newest rules and regulations.
Here are 25 FACTS about COVID-19 you need to know!
- People should NOT wear masks while exercising.
- The likelihood of shoes spreading COVID-19 is very rare.
- The COVID-19 disease is caused by a virus, not bacteria.
- The prolonged use of medical masks* when properly worn, DOES NOT cause CO2 intoxication nor oxygen deficiency.
- Most people who get COVID-19 recover from it.
- Drinking alcohol will not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous.
- Thermal scanners cannot detect COVID-19.
- There are currently no drugs licensed for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.
- Adding pepper to your soup or other meals DOES NOT prevent or cure COVID-19.
- Covid-19 is not transmitted through houseflies.
- Spraying and introducing bleach or another disinfectant into your body WILL NOT protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous.
- Drinking methanol, ethanol or bleach DOES NOT prevent or cure COVID-19 and can be extremely dangerous.
- 5G mobile networks DO NOT spread COVID-19.
- Exposing yourself to the sun or temperatures higher than 25°C DOES NOT protect you from COVID-19.
- Catching COVID-19 DOES NOT mean you will have it for life.
- Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort DOES NOT mean you are free from COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 virus can spread in hot and humid climates.
- Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the COVID-19 virus.
- Taking a hot bath does not prevent COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 virus CANNOT be spread through mosquito bites.
- Hand dryers are NOT effective in killing the COVID-19 virus.
- Vaccines against pneumonia DO NOT protect against the COVID-19 virus.
- Rinsing your nose with saline does NOT prevent COVID-19.
- Eating garlic does NOT prevent COVID-19.
- People of all ages can be infected by the COVID-19 virus.
For information about how to combat COVID-19, Check out this post.